Waterproofer in scratch coat!?!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
At the risk of opening up some old wounds.....

Just finished rendering 3 boundary walls (both sides and pillars) and went back to inspect my work following a frosty night. (AND NO I DIDN'T USE PVA ;) )

On close inspection I noticed a couple of very small cracks in 2 of the sections although the surface is sound (no hollows).

Thinking my worst nightmare was about to repeat itself :rolleyes: I remembered that on these 2 particular wall sections, I had added waterproofer to the scratch coats by mistake :oops: . Which shouldn't be a problem - or should it :?:

I used 5:1:1 on scratch and 6:1:1 on the top coats and wetted the wall down with a hose as the day was sunny and walls dry. (I even got sunburnt) but the temperature dropped to -2 that night.

Any ideas :?:

Sponsored Links
On one section its a continuous 4 metres including flush pillars and the other is a 2 metre section between returns, both about 1.5 meters high.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back