WBP Plywood delamination after minimal water?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have 11 sheets of WBP plywood and the edges have soaked up some water and started to bubble/delaminate. I purchased them for a roof deck, and am very concerned that going onto a roof they will get worse. Is it because the edges need sealing? I've had the sheets for about 3 weeks, I was under the impression that WBP would be able to absorb some water without bubbling. They haven't been submersed or anything.

Sponsored Links
Rob, Hi

WBP after such a short exposure to water should NOT do as you are describing?

Suggest that you ask the "supplier" to come over and have a look?

Check that your "invoice" clearly states WBP?

I have been around this stuff for some time now, it is [if indeed it is WBP Ply] as tough as old boots. Only time it starts to De-laminate is after Multiple uses as a concrete shutter, exposed to a LOT of "mechanical Mis-use"

Ken.

Invoice definitely states WBP. How can I tell if its not WBP?

The problem seems to be worse on the parts where the 'join' is. It seems to have lost a section and....well expanded? The front and back wood veneer has also creased in some parts with the moisture.

Sponsored Links
Rob, Hi

Any chance of some pictures?

As an aside to get a reply on Hogmanay from a Scotsman isn't all that bad especially at 23.11 hrs.

See all of us do not gulp whisky. [well not all the time?]

Is the Ply you have a "light colour?" normally WBP has fairly large Knot s visible on the surfaces and "tends" to be a rusty red / brown colour?

Have a good New Year, from Scotland [My bit for the tourist Industry up here]

Ken

hahaha !!!!

I've only got 1 photo at the moment, which you can see in my albums as I've just uploaded it. This shows an edge of one bit of ply. You can see its not quite correct. The 'bump' where you can see that join is about 3-4mm outwards and is enough to cause the whole sheet to be warped by huge amount end to end. Picture is bad quality. Sorry!

Should WBP have a green stamp somewhere ?

//media.diynot.com/187000_186148_70947_99613832_thumb.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0FGFJJC9EFAG5882Z0G2

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back