Weather and MOT

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’ve got 3 tonne bags of MOT type - arriving this Thursday and I won’t be able to put it down until Friday afternoon / Saturday morning.

The forecast was originally dry this weekend but now it’s changed to 40-50% chance of rain all day saturday

Because I’m compacting with a Wacker plate, am I going to have to give it a miss this weekend or should I gamble on it?

Bloody weather

Sponsored Links
Have you dug out the base? The ground is saturated all over the country so really heavy rain on top of that might make the decision for you.

Yes it’s all dug out ready to go

Maybe I’ll cancel the delivery of MOT to stop me doing it

If the ground is wet, you can have a nightmare trying to compact the MOT

Sponsored Links
That’s good then. Only reason I thought otherwise was I remember pilsbury (ages ago on this forum) having a nightmare with waterlogged sub soil and trying to compact the MOT on top and it going all squishy.

IMG_3539.jpeg

MOT laid and compacted with Wacker plate

I assume it’s okay to make up any discrepancies when I lay the slabs on mortar?

is it ok to get wet now it’s compacted, I won’t start laying slabs until next weekend and I’m sure it’ll rain before then

Cheers

Making up the level is fine, always have to do it myself (to a point) just get the mix right use some sharp sand with the soft and it'll be fine.

Looks a neat job to me, don't worry about rain it'll be fine

Making up the level is fine, always have to do it myself (to a point) just get the mix right use some sharp sand with the soft and it'll be fine.

Looks a neat job to me, don't worry about rain it'll be fine
Cheers for reply
I was going to use a 4:1 or 5:1 sharp sand:cement mix / would this be ok? It will seem quite excessive to buy a tonne bag building sand and not use so much

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back