Well Done Danny Boy!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Glad to see some still have principles..

His name joins the real 'honours' list!

Honours refusenik Danny Boyle joins illustrious roll call of rebels...

The Bury-born film director Danny Boyle has turned down a knighthood, offered for his role in masterminding the Olympic Opening Ceremony.

The brain behind the British films Trainspotting and 28 Days Later said he'd rather remain "a man of the people."

Last week, Boyle told Radio 4: “I’m very proud to be an equal citizen and I think that’s what the Opening Ceremony was actually about.”

Sponsored Links
I notice that this particular "man of the people" didn't waive or donate any of his reported million pound plus fee for the Olympics to other "men of the people"!

I notice that this particular "man of the people" didn't waive or donate any of his reported million pound plus fee for the Olympics to other "men of the people"!
So what if he's not a communist... :rolleyes:

Maybe you ought to ask why Coe made upwards of £80m on the back of the olympics... ;)

Sponsored Links
Got the opening ceremony blu ray for chrissie present.

Bloody hell was it good, and they got the sound right for the blu ray (the bbc live one I recorded on sky+ was all muffled and rubbish).

Danny sure did a brilliant job there. And the blu ray was almost as good as the real thing :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

So what if he's not a communist... :rolleyes:

He's a multi-millionaire who lives in a gated community with other multi-millionaires and spends his life swaning around film festivals and theatre awards dinners in Cannes or Monte Carlo with the likes of Leonardo Di Caprio and Kate Winslett.

Never seen in his native Radcliffe. Hardly a "man of the people".

Back