What are these called?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey room,

Very odd but what are those things called that are placed inside the faucet?

They are normally black made of plastic and look like a filter that can increase water pressure from faucets.

I've tried googling that description but not getting any reults that I want.

Thank You

Chris

Sponsored Links
Hi Chris,

They will not increase water pressure they will bulk out the water with air and reduce the flow.

hense Aerator.

Very good if you have high pressure another also Known as anti-splash device.

Sponsored Links
Actually it's kind of the opposite for me. I have poor water flow and a plumber has suggested I fit these to get hotter water from my faucet.

I can not see how that will Work, If you go to our website and call me I am the tech adviser I will try to get to the bottom of the issue for you.

Best way as there will be a few questions to ask.

Regards Tim

P.s not here for long as I am half day.

I have 2 posts already which will probably have all the information you need. They regard my 28di boiler

imagesujh.jpg

It does sound strange as you have tried to slow the flow down and it has done nothing.

The shower valve you can calibrate very easy to get the temp up I would be interested to see wheter if you recalibrate the valve you can exceed 40 degrees that is comming out of the bath.

if you can then maybe someone has fitted a pre mix Valve to the bath supply as a safety device.

I know what you mean I don't like big Brother either, Always been a bit of a protester.

Ha rules rules rules. :cry:

I will have a look at the oter posts.

You CAN put your contact details in your profile which is visible to anyone who cares to look.

Its very useful to have people from manufacturers available to help with advice but the site owner is very strict about not having contact details in your posts.

Tony

You CAN put your contact details in your profile which is visible to anyone who cares to look.

Cheers for that I am new to this so I live and learn....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back