What boots?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I want some new boots, I want them mainly for dog walking so through long grass, puddles & mud in the winter.

I want them to be waterproof so the tongue must be sown up the sides, I want them to be comfortable but most of all I dont want the type of crapy boots like Winfields etc sells, the regatta isotex etc because the soles are made or raised rubber squares and soon wear through, the insole comes out at the first sign of getting damp and then slips forever more &they split within in two months. :)

Steel toecaps are not required, preferably black but I am not fashion conscious :)

So I want a better boot, something that will last a heck longer than 12 months - 2 years even.

I'd rather not spend over £100, preferably a lot less.

What would you guys reccomend?

P.s. size 10 but 10.5 would be better IMO.

Sponsored Links
I've used Salamon Boots forever, if you can find some on sale you will probably get under the £100 mark, they will last you a decade or so and will be proper warm and waterproof ie walking through shallow stream waterproof. Though some may look a bit too funky for you.

The ultimate boot for me is the Meindl.......for walking you get what you pay for. All day comfort and I wear mine on the motorbike too.
John :)

Cheers, the only ones I can find under 100 are womens boots

Anyone use the Dewalt Titanium range of boots? Or the doc marten Drax ?

I recon that boots made for a working environment should be tougher than the carp stuff made for walking yet less than the likes of the solomon walking ones etc.

Sponsored Links
I have had a pair of haix boots for the last 5yrs I paid a £100 then so they are probably more now but I decided I was not buying £40-60 boots anymore and throwing them out after only a year.

I've had two pairs of Tradesafe boots from Wynsors (don't laugh) - a pair of rigger boots, and a pair of black lace-ups. Both pairs have been superb and have lasted years, and stood up to all kinds of rough treatment.

A former employer supplied us with boots labelled under the Warrior brand , very comfy to wear I found but shocking durability. Soles were coming off after as little as four to six months use and indoor use at that. We also had clothes from the same brand and that too would fall apart all too soon.
I also have a pair of boots from Aldi sold under the Workzone name , these on the other hand are less comfortable to wear but have lasted really well.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back