What BR required for extra toilet ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A friend has an attached outhouse - ie open the back door and the outhouse door is about 4' away with a roof above and wall to one side, and open to the left where the side path is. She's probably having a knee done soon and because the only toilet is upstairs is talking about putting a commode in the outhouse.

I'm thinking it wouldn't be much work to put a WC in there - the external stack serving the upstairs toilet is only the other side of the wall. As I read the docs, this will a) be notifiable, and b) will need a washbasin. Have I got this right ?

Sponsored Links
Technically yes, but as long as you've got half a clue what you are doing it's extremely low risk work which probably most people would just get on with. Quite honestly it's hard to get it wrong.

I take it you mean yes to both - ie yes it should be notified, and yes it should have a washbasin.
As you say, it's not hard.

Just wondering whether to notify anyway as it won't be long before some electrics I need to do will require a new CU - and this outhouse really, really needs the BIY electrics replacing :eek: Tempting to just lump a few things in that I know I'll be doing sooner or later.

Do you know if there is a time limit on BR notifications, or a limit on how many stages it can be broken into ?
Eg, if I tell them that I'll be replacing the CU and adding circuits, can I tell them when I've done the CU but there are circuits still to add, and then do those later (possibly years later) as that bit of "tarting up" comes around ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back