What Can I do With This Fine Furniture?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone, and thank you for looking at this post, and any help that can come from it for me.

Having purchased a new suite I am looking for ideas on what, if anything, perhaps can be done with this fine wood on my 3 Piece Suite.

(Photo's posted under the above title).

Perhaps something for either inside or outside the property?

I appreciate that if there is anything to be done then I would need a Carpenter to do it.

Anything would be better than just trying to sell it or just throwing out!

Best Regards

Boozercruiser

P.S. I live in Machynlleth (West Wales).

(Kenny Thain).

Sponsored Links
I'm a little uncertain as to what exactly you are asking :confused:
To me it looks fine , a decent period piece and other than a whisk over with a bit of polish and a duster needs nothing to be done to it.
You did mention outdoors. I don't think that this would be a good idea as I find furnature of this age is usualy built with glues that aren't water proof and will degrade quickly if left outside. Keep it inside as it is and enjoy it for what it is.

I'm a little uncertain as to what exactly you are asking :confused:
To me it looks fine , a decent period piece and other than a whisk over with a bit of polish and a duster needs nothing to be done to it.
You did mention outdoors. I don't think that this would be a good idea as I find furnature of this age is usualy built with glues that aren't water proof and will degrade quickly if left outside. Keep it inside as it is and enjoy it for what it is.

Oh! sorry if I didn't make myself clear. Thank you for your kind reply.

What I was wondering is if the lovely wood on this 3 piece suite can be recycled in some way, perhaps by cutting into it in order to make other things fom it. Like a low table perhaps?

The thing is, like I say we have purchased a new suite which will be delivered in around 8 weeks time from Laura Ashley. So this one either has to go or perhaps we can use parts of it to make something else?

Please excuse me if this is a daft idea! But I am looking at it and think "Perhaps something can be done with that lovely wood"?

Not by me of course, but if someone had any bright ideas perhaps I could get someone who can make something of it?

If I am giving anyone a nice giggle then that is all right by me :LOL:

It would be possible to create something else out of it if you really wished but without a detailed look it's not possible to say for definate which bits would be usable.
However, having said that I personally wouldn't dream of cutting it up. It's got a loverly colour to the oak and graceful curves and lines and really needs someone to love it as a period piece. Ok so I confess a certain liking for this sort of stuff and would rather buy 1930's ,'40's,and 50's furnature than some of the modern day chipboard rubbish. When my sister in law says our house looks "old fashioned" I take it as a bit of a compliment :D

Sponsored Links
It would be possible to create something else out of it if you really wished but without a detailed look it's not possible to say for definate which bits would be usable.
However, having said that I personally wouldn't dream of cutting it up. It's got a loverly colour to the oak and graceful curves and lines and really needs someone to love it as a period piece. Ok so I confess a certain liking for this sort of stuff and would rather buy 1930's ,'40's,and 50's furnature than some of the modern day chipboard rubbish. When my sister in law says our house looks "old fashioned" I take it as a bit of a compliment :D

I agree with you about this kind of furniture. The problem is that the cushions have gone quite soft and it would take about £1300 to have it recovered and new cushioning put on it.

We feel that this suite is also a little bit too big now for just the two of us.

You keep with the 'old fashioned look' though.... Nothing wrong with that!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back