What DO I need If I want to have CCTV IP System ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What DO I need If I want to have CCTV IP System ?
Please your expert advice.
LEarning from this forum I have listed the following.
1. PC computers with windows operating system as a CCTV server
2. NVR software which could recognised CCTV IP cameras.
3. IT infrastucture with high bandwidth
4. RJ 45 outlet to plug CCTV camera and connect it to the network
5. CCTV IP camera (e.g. Mega pixel CCTV IP camera for a good resolution)

Plase correct me if I am wrong and/or add the list, what is still needed.
Thank U for your time.

Sponsored Links
Manufacturer's specification sheets for the equipment from which you decide what equipment you need bearing in mind they must be compatible if you buy from more than one manufacturer.

Then the technical specs for the equipment you have chosen from which you can verify they are compatible.

Then you buy the equipment and if the planning above was done properly it will all fit together, connect together and work from switch on.

Or you pay for a consultant to do that for you.

or buy one from maplins

i have never understood the point though, what are you going to do with it?

i was round an MD's house and he was showing me his works canteen, very clever, but whats the point?

Sponsored Links
PoE Power over Ethernet adapters or a PoE switch to power the cameras unless you have a mains socket close by, but then any one can just unplug it!!

I take it you are going to do it via Ethernet? Picture quality is not so good on wireless cams but it is acceptable so long as your wireless doesn't fall over very often.

Where is the installation going?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back