what i learnt at school?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
the things that i will now list was taught to me at school.quess how much has been of use in the everyday world?
1:disecting bulls eyeballs.
2:latin :confused:
3:pythagarus (spelling :LOL: )
4:nouns/pronouns etc.....
5:climbing up a rope.
6:the periodic table
7:ph values
so far no one has asked me to disect a latin bulls eyeball while up a rope?
they should teach plumbing/household electrics/apr's & banking.that would be more worth while.

Sponsored Links
ohmygodwhathaveyoudone said:
the things that i will now list was taught to me at school.quess how much has been of use in the everyday world?
they should teach plumbing/household electrics/apr's & banking.that would be more worth while.

Count yourself lucky, I endured another 3 - 5 years of numbers 6 and 7. Frankly it seems to me that industry now is more interested on whether I can knock together a flashy powerpoint presentation or write a full business case. :rolleyes: (niether of which I'm either good at or interested in)

lets see:-
1 disection = systematic approach to what your working with and presentation of results
2 latin = basis of english language
3 pythagarus = spelling, speaks for itself an you probably had the theorum taught at the same time which no doubt you use on a frequent basis without knowing it
4 nouns/pronouns = again written english, rather useful for business
5 climbing a rope = mind and body coordination and guts!
6 periodic table = basic chemistry again very useful in a day to day way without realising it
7 ph values = handy for gardening!

A good basis taught for centuries that comes in useful more than you realise. Power point...useful until computers go tits up. Just a small point does anyone remeber the doomsday project they did in 1986 to comemorate the original happening? Loads of data was collected and stored onto a computer system for future generations to use. Only trouble was no one forgot to update the info onto newer machines and so all the data is unuseable as it wont work on any modern machine. Sometimes basics are better!

1:disecting bulls eyeballs.
2:latin :confused:
That brought back memories in a physics lesson the teacher attempted to dissect a bulls eye(blooming great things arn't they!) he looked a bit squemish about having to do it and as he pressed the scalpel into the eyeball a stream of yucky gunge squirted out over him much to all our amusement he very nearly proceeded to barf all over the science lab floor. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Eddie M said:

Count yourself lucky, I endured another 3 - 5 years of numbers 6 and 7. Frankly it seems to me that industry now is more interested on whether I can knock together a flashy powerpoint presentation or write a full business case. :rolleyes: (niether of which I'm either good at or interested in)

First law in industry, Sound as if you know, it always beats actually knowing. Until the responsible signature is required, then cometh the 'ah buts' ;)
My old aerospace company really took off when they moved to A3 capable printers --- Plans were only acceptable if they fitted one sheet -- A4 was a little restrictive !!
;)

Back