What is a good make of  facia/soffit?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, just wondered if anyone could recomend a good make of facia/soffits and I need rosewood colour.
I do have a local supplier that does Flowplast but as I am a plumber I don't rate much of there waste ranges.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply's so far, there is a Eurocell branch in Southampton near where I work so I will probably pop in. I had a look on there online shop but some of the bits I require they don't do online and when I called them they recomended doing the whole order at Southampton.

Also have you heard of Swish? as two other dealers near me sell that.

Sponsored Links
Swish are good but I think a bit more expensive than Eurocell, Also they may only sell to their approved installers?

If your timber is 100% sound would you cap over your fascia??.
I have the budget to do total replacement and thats what I was going to do but as our houses were built with 25mm treated timber fascia's they haven't rotted at all. A few fascias suppliers have said save the money and cap over.

Fair enough. I used to work for a Swish approved installer so I just kind of thought they would only sell to people they approve as some company's do.

Any idea on their prices? Many moons ago I know their list price on a length of fasia was about £80 :eek: (obviously not including discounts)

There used to be rumors that it could cause the wood to sweat and rot but I think that has been debunked now?

Personally if the wood is sound I haven't had any problems with over cladding and have done it on my own house.

i wouldnt like to pay 80 for a length of fascia, it would work out cheaper to pay someone to supply and fit, more like 20

Swish is full of air, eurocell not bad, Deeplas are the best. We've been sad enough to do factory visits on most manufacturers and Deeplas was the denser board extruded twice as slow as a Kali's board.

Thanks for all the views, ended up buying the materials from Eurocell.
All I will say is get a couple of quotes from two branches, one Eurocell branch was £500 more than the other for exactly the same order :rolleyes: , there loss for being too greedy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back