what is best for table and chairs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello
i have bought a table and 4 chairs i am in the middle of sanding them all down, it is oak to me this is beautiful, and i have no idea what is the best way to care for it, wood stain, wax, oil~? please any help and guidance would be greatly appreciated,
pics below if anyone has any idea of the maker or era this is again i would be very happy to find out, if you recognized the craftsman
thx in advance Elaine
My Albums Link: //www.diynot.com/network/elaineuk/albums/
[/img]

Sponsored Links
I'll take your word that it's oak although on my screen it's hard to tell. Don't know about the maker but a stab in the dark I'd say 1970-80's.
Personally I always think wax gives a cracking finish although it does involve more in the way of elbow greese :)

By the way if the fireplace is yours too I don't really think the table will fit in with your styleing.

thank you for your reply, no that isn't my fire, i have a red bricked fire and that picture i was asking some advice about wanting a tunnel fire :), also not gonna be my flooring either, ( just in case you noticed the state of the current one) having an oak floor :)

Great table, if you ever get bored with it................i`ll have it:D

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back