What is going on in their minds?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
As an animal lover who feeds birds and sometimes the odd fox, I find this abhorrent.
Before we got the terrorist (dog) we used to feed the foxes in the garden. They have a sh*t life. Life expectancy of round 3-4 years in the wild.

No amount of feeding stopped them hissing at us if we went out. I think they genuinely thought they were steeling our food.

Before we got the terrorist (dog) we used to feed the foxes in the garden. They have a sh*t life. Life expectancy of round 3-4 years in the wild.

No amount of feeding stopped them hissing at us if we went out. I think they genuinely thought they were steeling our food.

Foxes often get a bad reputation, and I understand this - especially for farmers or those with livestock. My only experience is with urban foxes. Agree, and often think what a crap existence they have so deserve some sympathy for just doing what's natural - ie. surviving. It's a short life, often spent cold, wet, hungry, flea and worm infested and persecuted - basically eating garbage just to fight off the gnawing hunger pains. Then 3 or 4 years it's all over from a car injury or untreated infection - poss dying in agony alone. Have to remember that before we urbanised or built houses, the foxes were here first. I put out dry dog food every night for the foxes, though sometimes a cat gets a bit or the local town badger may help themselves. Don't suppose foxes chose this life - who would? In captivity they can live 7, 8 or even 10 years.

Wouldn't wish coming back as a fox on my worst enemy, but then I suppose life is tough for most wild animals. I'm coming back as rich lady's pampered pussy. (y)

I saw one in the garden last week, it walked right across the patio doors. The poor thing had awful mange and a damaged back foot.

Last spring when there was a litter they used to play around the back of our garden office, If I stayed very still they wouldn’t notice me for ages. Sometimes they were just 4 feet away. Amazing

Sponsored Links
Back