What is this called?

• Thread starter Deleted2797112
  • Start date
D

Deleted2797112

I want to fit a new under cabinet light to a bedhead wardrobe bridging unit behind the pelmet. There's a pretty ugly unswitched fluoresecent strip light there at the moment. The new light has a cable which plugs into the side of the fitting and it has this moulded plug on it:

View media item 60826

The supplied cable isn't long enough and I would like it to be white - can I buy replacement cable with the moulded fitting for the light and if so, what it is called please?

The cable is marked, amongst other stuff, 2 x 0.75mm2 and 300/300v. The light is 12V with 3 x 20W halogen bulbs.

Thank you!

Sponsored Links
It's an IEC 60320 C7 connector.

I hope the transformer is built into the light, as it's only rated for 2.5A, not 5.

Thank you! Yes it is - I've taken the back off the light and there's a black box about the size of a small TV remote inbetween two of the lamps. I'll have a look for the connector cable.

Sponsored Links
Thank you - that's very kind! That's exactly what I need so I've ordered.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back