What is this in my garden?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,
Having our garden leveled soon and was wondering what is this in our lawn? See my album pics. It looks like an old porcelain sink sunk into the ground with concrete slabs around the edges. The slabs seem to be sitting on concrete about 3 to 4 inches deep.

Was wondering if it is covering a drain or something? When I push a stick into the sink hole it hits soil or something like soil about 20-30 cm further down. So not a never ending pit :D

Do you think it is safe to smash and take out?

Cheers
Dhillon

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I will try digging round it, but in the state it is in I do not think it will fetch much. If it is too much effort it will have to be smashy smashy :)

I will try digging round it, but in the state it is in I do not think it will fetch much. If it is too much effort it will have to be smashy smashy :)
I know what you mean, probably get £20 for it but also have to look at the effort put into it.
End up with a bigger hole as well.
If it was me I would have it out and use it as a planter because I like that sort of thing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back