What size boiler do I need

GH1

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Any recomendation as to what size /rating boiler I would need.

Detached house with 15 rads and hot water via 250L unvented cylinder.

Thanks
Gary

Sponsored Links
How much paint do you think I'd need for my 5 bed detached house? It's going to be in white. And I have two dogs.

If you want to know how big the boiler needs to be we need to know how big the house is, the number of rads is immaterial. Are they big ones or small ones? Does the house have insulation to Part L or is it Victorian? Single or double glazed? Solid or suspended floors?

And now for the helpful bit;

www.sedbuk.com, type your house details into the whole house sizing calculator ....... and bingo, an answer pops out in kW. Quite an accurate one, too.

So how much paint do i need :evil: ?

Sponsored Links
www.sedbuk.com, type your house details into the whole house sizing calculator ....... and bingo, an answer pops out in kW. Quite an accurate one, too.

But this only tells you the boiler size. You don't know if the rads in each room are adequate, for that you need a heatloss calculator, such as the Quinn/Barlo one at:

http://www.quinn-radiators.co.uk/downloads_heatloss.php

If you want to know the heat output of your existing rads, assuming they are flat panel not the old victorian cast iron, then the Stelrad Elite catalogue can be downloaded from:

http://www.stelrad.com/UK/docs/elite.pdf

Your rads may not be the exact same size as the catalogue, but a bit of maths, comparing areas, will give you reasonably accurate figures.

You will then be in a better position to get it right :)

Any recomendation as to what size /rating boiler I would need.

Sorry, I must have misread the question. I thought he said 'boiler size/rating'. :evil:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back