What sort of electric water heater do I need?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I want to get rid of an immersion heater, as it's too big, and install a smaller electric water heater, to service a kitchen sink, washbasin and washing machine (Zanussi Nexus). Can anyone tell me what sort of heater I should get, and what capacity? I only have limited space, and I'm not sure whether to go for an instant inline heater or one with some storage capability.

Sponsored Links
Forget the WM it'll heat its own water. For a basin OR a sink, you could hide an unvented 2- 3kW heater away somewhere, the smallest would do and would run off your ring main.
Instantaneous 3kW heaters are one of my pet hates - inadequate, scale up, drop to bits...

10 or 15 litre unvented heater, providing you run the PRV discharge pipe to outside. These will fit under sink in cupboard and do not require new heavy current electrical circuit.

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys! Sorry for the delay in responding to your prompt replies - problems with my internet connection (now resolved). Have a good Christmas! :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back