what to do with spare washing machine supply?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Helpless :oops: female here in need of advice!

Recently bought new washing machine that only has cold fill. Although I've turned off the old hot supply valve under the sink and it seems OK, should I cap it off?

Have been looking in the DIY stores for something with which to do so, but can't find a capping thingy that would seem to fit :cry:

Any help would be appreciated :)

Sponsored Links
You should be able to get a Blank Nut. 3/4" BSP. Usually brass. Can be put on with a spanner but it will only ever be needed if the old valve leaks.

470dzr_1.jpg

The Blank Nut screws onto the end of the old valve, like the hose end used to.

Alternatively, you can get a 15mm Stop End which goes on the end of the copper pipe in place of the old valve, which you will have to remove. This will require turning off the water supply. I also use a smear of jointing compound (Boss White, Plumbers Mait or similar) though opinions differ. You will neeed a couple of adjustable spanners as well.

Or why not a 15mm speedfit stop end? Easier for op to fit.

I always also use jointing compound with any compression joint ;)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back