What weed killer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.
I have approx 250m2 to apply weed killer to after I left it and left it.... Would It be best to strim it down first and apply the chemicals or just spray the weed killer?.
Next question... What do I do next after the weed killer has taken effect and killed everything.. Cut it, rake it or what ???? I have totally lost my way here and put my head in sand.. Strangely it didn't go away.

Sponsored Links
It depends how long it is really. If its more than a foot high you won't be able to get it all killed in one hit anyway.

I would strim it all down and rake up the cuttings, let it regrow for 2 weeks then spray it all. That way new growth will be small enough to rotovate in once dead.

you'll end up spraying strimming and spraying again otherwise

Thanks a lot... I have just come in from doing the strumming and then put the mower over it on a high cut to collect the strimmings. Gonna wait til sun goes down now and then get on and spray the weed killer.got roundup ultra 3000. Hope this does the job. Then wait for that to work and the rotivate the grass and start fresh and sow more.

You missed out a vital step that r896neo posted - waiting 2 weeks for re-growth. Systemic weedkillers (like Roundup) need a large foliage area and for the plant to be growing strongly so that the weedkiller is transported to the roots from the leaves. That's how they work. Weedkiller sprayed over freshly cut stems will just run off onto the soil where it's neutralised. Big waste of time and money.

Sponsored Links
Rain forecast so wouldn't of sprayed. Glad I looked now otherwise I would of wasted time and money if I didnt wait for the two weeks. Will give me time to sort out other stuff. Believe me there is plenty to be getting on with.
Thanks a lot for the advice, will post some updates soon.
Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back