What's causing the damp patch under window sill?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello! I recently moved into a flat and a damp patch has started coming through under the window sill. Looking out the window, it looks like a drip is coming down from the gutter and landing on the window sill, and then dripping down from the window sill. I initially thought the gutters might be blocked but I just had someone round to check and they're fine. He thought it might be the roof felt overlapping the guttering that could be the issue (see image)
IMG_3589.jpg
I'm really not sure anymore what the cause of the issue would be. I've attached some photos and was hoping someone might be able to advise!
IMG_4133.jpg
IMG_3625 2.jpg
e8f17c11-835d-450b-a2e2-9fc720f81ef0.JPG

Sponsored Links
And even if not blocked, could be the seals on the gutter outlet causing it to drip, does look a bit old

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your reply! Yes, that's a valley going into the guttering then. That does sound like the most logical explanation. I'll get someone round to look at it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back