Whats that paint called?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everybody
sometime ago I saw a discussion on this forum about the kind of paint that lets wood breath. It had a name but I can't remember what it was.
I have to paint three external doors at my seafront cottage in windswept Seaford and I wondered if it would stand up to all that salt and wind better than gloss.
I picked up a leaflet about a paint called Bedec and wondered if that would be OK to use.

Sponsored Links
Theres a few out there..I think your thinking of the word 'microporous'

Sponsored Links
sikkens

I used it last year on the windows. Onul and Rubbol A Z. Not the same consistency as gloss but it allows the wood to breathe and has an ultra violet pigmentation to withstand the weathering.

Well, we shall see......

Given the date of your post you've probably painted your stuff b now but it's as much for anyone else wanting to know.

The type of paint you'll choose for your wood furniture depends on how you want it to look, whether the furniture will be used indoors or outdoors, and how the piece will be used. As far as looks- do you want the paint to be dull and flat? A kind of shiny semi-gloss? Or all-out glossy? If the furniture is going to be exposed to the elements, you may want to choose a durable enamel paint. And, if the paint needs to be washable and dirt-resistant, look for an acrylic. Latex paint dries quickly and is durable too. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back