What's the shelf life of garage floor paint?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I've just found 2 tins of International garage floor paint in our garage, it must have been there about 10 years, at least! The tins were both unopened and I popped the lid of one to find that it had seperated into the runny stuff at the top with the thick lumpy stuff on the bottom.

Does anyone know if this is still usable? I gave it a stir and brushed some onto the concrete outside the garage as a tester, still waiting for it to dry. It it worth using it in the garage or is there a chance I'll run into problems with it later.

Also a friend suggested using a pva glue/water mix to seal the concrete before painting. Will this give a decent enough base to paint over? and if so, what ratio should I use?? or is there something I should buy?

cheers
Deluks

Sponsored Links
It will need a good stir but I would just use it. If they were part used tins with a thick skin you might have problems but full tins of paint keep a long time, unlike cement, plaster, filler, puttey etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back