What's the worst that can happen? Building Regs

prostrated_monk.jpg

To relieve boredom the inmates of the Guantanamo Bay detention facility try playing hide and seek.

Sponsored Links
As for the OP's scenario the electrician has committed an offence which if discovered soon enough could in theory be prosecuted.

Now, IANAL, but in my opinion the electrician is more likely to find a mobile phone video on YouTube taken by Prince Philip of Liz pleasuring one of her horses (or corgis) than he is to find himself gripping the rail.

Scenario:
A fully competent electrician, 20 years experience, with full C&G apprenticeship, has 2391-12-123 and 2382-21 carries out a board change on a friends property (for free).

Question: Is either the friend and/ or the electrician liable for prosecution for not notifying of the work?

Hi Sarge,do you teach the City and Guilds 2393 ?

Sponsored Links
:D I (we) don't teach the 2393 but we do the 2392-12-123 electrician's mate course to understanding why plumbers cut through our cables and run heating pipes on top of them. My a' hair has been lost in industry due to this. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back