What's this electrical socket called

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Nice simple one ;) - what's the name of the socket to plug this into?

It's a flat faced socket with a small hole in the middle to get the wire below thru.

e03.jpg

It's to plug in a radiator dual Fuel kit.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
You can get flex outlet plates with a small hole on the bottom edge of the plate, which will be better in a bathroom. Do you have a switch or fcu outside? Assuming of course that we're talking about a bathroom.

Yep, it's for a bathroom, thinking of something along the lines of a MK Flex Outlet Front Plate

195088-ab0-00co_medium.jpg

and a 5 amp switch outside, next to the extractor isolator.

Will be getting a qualified sparks to do the second fix of course :cool:

Not neccessarily BAS........
It's necessarily MUCH better than a flex outlet plate directly onto a socket circuit, which is what could easily be done by someone who knows so little that he thinks he wants a socket to plug into...

Especially not in a bathroom BAS
Depends on where it is.

Do you have a switch or fcu outside?
a 5 amp switch outside
So not an FCU.

What circuit will it be on, and what is the rating of its protective device?

Will be getting a qualified sparks to do the second fix of course :cool:
Better hope he's entirely happy with your first fix if you're expecting him to lie to say he did it...

Not neccessarily BAS........
It's necessarily MUCH better than a flex outlet plate directly onto a socket circuit, which is what could easily be done by someone who knows so little that he thinks he wants a socket to plug into...

On rant-mode this evening B-A-S?

The purpose of this thread was to give me some additional information before speaking to my electrician about sourcing the required parts. He will no doubt advise that I need a Fused Connection Unit to go with the Flex Outlet Plate and not socket as I said earlier.

:p

Surely it would have been much easier to just ask your electrician which would be most suitable for your individual installation??

Probably, but I would have embarrassed myself calling it a socket ;)

You should know better than to come onto this forum with a reasonable, simple question and expect a simple answer!

I think you mean a flex outlet plate

I've got mine connected to an FCU inside the bathroom.....
Me too.

The FCU was in Zone 3 when I installed it.

On rant-mode this evening B-A-S?

The purpose of this thread was to give me some additional information before speaking to my electrician about sourcing the required parts. He will no doubt advise that I need a Fused Connection Unit to go with the Flex Outlet Plate and not socket as I said earlier.

:p
Be fair - I didn't have a go at you or make fun of you, but at the time you'd said nothing about an electrician. There's nothing wrong with not knowing a particular subject - there are hundreds of areas where I know so little that I could easily make myself look a tw@ by misusing terms or making erroneous assumptions, and the same goes for everyone here.

I was just pointing out to flyingsparks why I'd said what I did...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back