Whats wrong with out BAXI solo 3 pfl 30 boiler?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Whats wrong with out BAXI solo 3 pfl 30 boiler?

Our boiler isnt working and appears like it needs repressurising, however, this model doesn't have a pressure gauge, or a temp gauge, and therefore we are struggling to work it. We have hot water in the house due to the fact this comes from the tank, but we don't have any central heating because the boiler doesn't boot any power through to them.

None of the 5 lights on the front of the boiler are lit & obviously this means the pilot isnt either.

If anybody has any knowledge of this boiler, or tip that they've used, we would be grateful for any advice. Thanks

Sponsored Links
If it doesnt have a pressure guage it most probably isnt under pressure!

Your first step is to check that the power is getting to it and that all the controls are calling for heat

Thanks for helping - I now have Boiler on light lit & Fan on light lit but the Pilot & burner lights are still out - do I need to do something else?

Sponsored Links
Reach for yellow pages. Is the boiler firing for hot water? if so then most likely cause is motorised valve somewhere. If it's not, and the fan is running then could be pressure switch.

How do I check the power to it?? - Im not very technical sorry

whaaaaat :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: [/quote]

well thanks for being so helpful Baxmax!!!!!!!!!!! - I now know I have power to it but as I posted previously no pilot or boiler light - can you help??

The air pressure switch needs checking out amongst other things, but if you are not very technical this is something you should leave to an expert

The boiler only lights the pilot when it needs to as part of the startup lighting sequence.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back