When one is worried about getting paid...

I once got paid £3k for fitting a Basin.

The tight customer held me to ransom to fit it as they didn't have it until 3 weeks after the rest of the bathroom was finished. they supplied the whole suite and tiles.

Yes, some Customers are great!

Sponsored Links
Depending on the size/cost of job, I always ask for the balance of the materials up front.I know that sometimes it is hard to be precise in what materials you are going to need.
Example:
Boiler and five rads.Get the money up front for the larger items,ie boiler rads,controls.That way if the customer does turn out to be a lemon it is only time you have lost,not hard earned cash,that could affect you future cash flow and consequently future/upcoming jobs.
Assuming you are doing things legit(im not saying your not),then consider getting a few trade accounts at merchants.Most terms are end of month following purchase.
Gives you a bit of breathing space.
Graham

Just google Peter Rachman to learn about " landlords" :LOL:

I'm guessing you'll get keys to the flat. Just hold on to them until you get payed. If you have a set of keys its not trespassing so just get your materials back. And tell him you wont work for cheques on such a short job.

Sponsored Links
I'm guessing you'll get keys to the flat. Just hold on to them until you get payed. If you have a set of keys its not trespassing so just get your materials back. And tell him you wont work for cheques on such a short job.
That's five months too late! You obviously did not look at the date of the OP's question. :rolleyes:

Back