where can i get old OS maps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Tried the OS website but cant seem to find what im looking for, they all seem to be quite recent. are these available for free online? Id like an OS maps of the house im living in now. it was built in the 1950's.
anyone know where i can get this online or would it be the local library?

thanks

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
You can download historical maps from http://www.promap.co.uk

You probably have to create an account and you'll will have to pay (per download, not to sign up). You find the address or locality you're interested in and it'll provide you with a list of available maps from various years and you can choose which you want to download. IRC they go as far back as the 1800s

You can also download current OS maps from here too in a variety of file formats.

Just go to your local County Records Office; they will have all the maps of your area going back through the years. I don't know if they will give you copies but you will certainly spend a fascinating hour or two.

where in birmingham? I / my dad / brother might have one somewhere ( all ex scouts / leaders. )

not strictly an OS map, but the Mirror is giving away free historic maps of your home town tomorrow.. might be worth a look?

Sponsored Links
Back