Where do you buy your radiators from for best prices ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys.
Thanks to the advice I've picked up from various posts on here I have made steps towards changing my old dining room radiator (sealed system).
However, even though B&Q want £111 inc. for a 600mm x 1600mm double rad with grilles & side panels, both Jacksons building supplies and the Plumb Centre want £155 - £174.

I realise the there may be a quality difference, but is it that great and where do you go for best trade prices (although mine would be a cash sale as a non trader).

Sponsored Links
Jackson Pollocks :?: Bum Center :?: PTS. :idea: ..pretend you`re trade ;) cash is fine......

PTS were the cheapest merchant at just under £150 inc. but Toolstation don't do one 1600mm wide, although they were very cheap for the smaller sizes, so I might measure up and check their web prices for renewing the remaining rads. It looks like a trip to B&Q for the big rad though.

Sponsored Links
My local merchant. Expected price for a 600x1600 would be about £135 plus Value Added Theft.

is the rad correct for the room........or was it originally installed before d/glazing.........wall insulation :?:

Nige F said:
is the rad correct for the room........or was it originally installed before d/glazing.........wall insulation :?:

The old rad was the same sized 600x1600mm double, but a round top. In a large kitchen diner with no insulation (pre cavity wall build) but with a breeze block extension and 3 external walls. All I've added is UPVC double glazing to rplace the old wood frame double glazing, but the room has still always been cold.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back