where is my syphon?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Zanussi DE6854 dishwasher. Recently it has been stopping with an error code flashing and dirty water at the bottom of the washer.

THe manual suggests it could be a blocked syphon, something I can fix myself, I should clean out the syphon.

Problem is, nowhere in the manual does it tell me what the syphon is, where it is, or how to clean it out.

The Zanussi helpline is permanently engaged.

Any ideas how I locate and clean my syphon, folks?????

Sponsored Links
Not sure about your model but on some Zanussis if you take off the bottom spray arm and filters you will see one or more plastic covers held on with stainless steel screws. Under one such cover you will find some U shaped plastic tubes that can be lifted out. These are syphon tubes and can get bunged up with food residues.

Sponsored Links
i have just been looking in my service manual for that dishwasher and i can find no mention of a syphon. unfortunately different manufacturers have different terms for the various components. what i would be interested in knowing is if the machine is able to drain off your dirty water by itself. if it can then cahances are that you have a heater fault during the wash cycle. if you post the error code that you are getting then i'll look it up in my manual. failing that you should make sure that your filter is clean. the advice regarding small tubes does not apply to your machine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back