where is this draining?!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've been looking at draining solutions in our back garden/patio. The old block paving is pooling in some areas and whilst investigating, I've found what seems to be a small area near the fence where water is draining into. I really don't want to dig up too much until I get professionals in for the big jobs, but just curious what/where this might be leading to?

Seems there is a small 'channel' under the top row of block paving in the pic that leads to this area and water flows in and drains quite quickly - a fair bit faster than other areas of paving where water pools after heavy rain, i think due to bad grading

I've checked inspection chambers in the back and don't see any water running there, but they all seem to be for waste only, the rain water gullies arent connected to those.

Attachments

• PXL_20240328_123116428~2.jpg
    PXL_20240328_123116428~2.jpg
    564.8 KB · Views: 52
Sponsored Links
The block should be bedded on sand not a channel, it may be that the run off has created the channel and water flowed to the natural low point. Your fence base might be rotting.

It looks like it could be running under the fence which may indeed be in danger of damp rotting underneath. Two panels above the exposed area look more soaked than the rest so i'd lift up a few more blocks to get a better view of what's going on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back