Where to connect ethernet cables?

You can have your router ground floor and use a Wi-Fi extender to give a wired connection to the loft , I use one to provide Wi-Fi connection to old Mac which only has wired option.
Means you don’t need a spare power socket by the router and is a tidy option.

Sponsored Links
i had powerline adapters and repeaters - and when they failed , changed to a MESH system and its so much better for my bungalow - now have wifi all over and in the garden
Also they have 2 etherent connecters and so the devices I had which did NOT have wifi work really good now connected to the satalite devices

this is what I have
BUT i purchased at Johnlewis - but they do not sell anymore
more info
I also have Deco triple pack, gives me Wi-Fi in Annex about 40m from bungalow in back garden , but not cheapest option.

but not cheapest option.
no, but i tried BT powerline and also with extenders and never was much good , intermittent and finally one broke - so had to be replaced. Just reasearched and these seemed to work and get high reviews so happy to pay the extra money - I think i paid £80 for the 3 powerlines orginally - so twice the price but no complaints from the kids/grandkids when they visit and we are streaming in main house and bedroom plus all the wifi devices connected now all around the house when every one is down (6 adults and 3 kids)

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Thanks all
Get a wire run from loft to router and get some plugs put on the ends

Buy a "gigabit switch" (tp link probably cheapest good brand or seek out a second hand dlink, netgear etc on ebay), theyre small, about the size of a fat wallet for a 5 port, then you can plug multiple loft devices into it- your computer for one, another WiFi "access point" for another, to boost the signal up there..

Back