which alarm cable. copper or copper clad aluminium.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there, I have recently wired an external bellbox (texecom oddysey 3) for my cousin. I have bought CQR 8 core alarm ( copper clad aluminium) not the pure copper. Anyway the cable run from the panel is approx 20 meters. will using this cable instead the pure copper alarm cable effect the performance or the maximum sound output from the sounder in anyway?. I know aluminium has a higher resistance over copper. the oddy draws around 400ma.

so should i connect it up and possibly double up the cores?, or should i strip it out and replace it with copper alarm cable.

thanks in advance, sorry if its not clear. very tired

Sponsored Links
thank god for that thanks very much, thats a weight of my shoulders :). just one more thing so i need to double the cores or will each core be fine by itself?. will there be any voltage drop?. thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back