Which Boiler for 2 bed flat with 1 bathroom?

As for size of combi no point you getting anything above a 24kw one with such a poor flow rate to your propert 10/11 litres a minute once its been through boiler it will be down to around 9/10 litres a minute which is what most 24`s deliver
This is what 24kw boiler would give me:

DHW Flow Rate at 35°C Rise - 10.0 l/min

35ºC is not much (in winter mains water is quite cold), so wouldn't I need a more powerful boiler to get something like 10 Ltr/ minute at 50ºC? 28kw or 30kw? Is there any dissadvantage of having a more powerful boiler apart from the initial price. Power consumption seems to be variable anyway.

What is a good flow rate by the way? Maybe I should keep my tank and cylinder and install a pump instead?

And which boiler would you recommend namsag?

Sponsored Links
Have you made sure the stopcock, service valve, and streetvalve are fully open?
Kitchen taps are not always capable of delivering the full flow allowed by the incoming mains.

No practical disadvantage for a bigger boiler.

You need to do the test properly over 1min, at peak and off peak times.

If you have 11+Ltr/min then go for the 28c, Ok it comes out slightly less, but so does the 24c, and the potential for an extra 1.5Ltrs can make a lot of difference.

When buying any Combi for a small flat/house the first figure to look at is how far it modulates down in the heating mode, The Avanta goes down to 6Kw.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back