Which boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Being new to the trade I have only installed Worcester and a couple Vaillant boilers, however recently did some work where a Halstead CBX Boiler was requested ( householder had bought from member of staff) and found it was very similar to the Worcester in terms of spec and ease of fix etc and when I checked the price seemed to be quite abit cheaper.

Being relatively new to the trade and having only ever installed the one, has anybody got any feedback regarding Halsteads products as seems I can be more competitive using these but get a similar spec etc

Cheers

Rich

Sponsored Links
Can't speak for the condensing models but the SE boilers were also a bit cheaper than the rest...however £170 for a PCB £140 for a diverter and £32 for a micro switch etc etc you can see where they make their money.

The microswitch incedently is my first job tomorrow. The biasi uses the exact same part which was £13.

Yes well Biasi badge the Halstead regular steamer. Alot of Hlastead parts are from other boilers, so if you can find a larger manufacturer (with better buying power) that uses parts common to Halstead, you have solved the expensive parts problem.

They seem to be as good an assembly of common (to most makes) parts available today (not that I fit them).

Most so called manufacturers are just assembly plants. I used to work in the motor trade, in which if you made engines you were called an engine plant if you made bodies a body plant, and if you tokk in a load of parts in crates put them together and shipped the to Ireland as a whole car you were known as an assembly plant, not a manufacturing plant. Manufacturing is where you make something, I haven't seen much of that going on in the factory tours I've been on.

In fact it's only a matter of time and dhl will be able to call them selves boiler manufacturers, by delivering all the boilers made in China (which is where eventually they will all come from (after Turkey that is).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back