Which brake pads?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
There are so many different brands and prices!

Euro Car parts seem to sell so many too!

Eicher, Comline, Pagid, Bosch and Greenstuff.

Comline sounds cheap and Bosch expensive.

Then at three times the price are Ferrodo and twice the price Mintex!

But are any particularly bad or any particularly good?

And what can be good about "good" brake pads?

Are cheap ones still hard and give less braking effect?

Tony

Sponsored Links
Personally I doubt if you would notice any difference whatever the brand.....I have used all of these and I tend to find that its the disc that tends to fail first - especially if these are pattern items.
After several years, the pad backing material will tend to delaminate from the backing plate due to rust so even if there appears to be lots of friction material remaining, sometimes all is not well.
As pads are now asbestos free, they are significantly harder than what they used to be.
John :)

Pagid are very good and reasonably priced so they would be my choice, ive had bad experiences with eicher so wont use them again.
Wouldnt have a problem with bosch or greenstuff either but dont know much about comline.

I've used Comline with no problems......I guess if I were to choose for myself, I'd go for Pagid, Bosch or Mintex.
Chances are they come from the same Oriental factory anyway :p
John :)

Sponsored Links
I'm pretty sure that most pads are badge engineered.
I posted some proof of this two years ago. http://tinyurl.com/kfl7mky
As long as you use a reputable supplier, you won't have any problem.
All pads have to be ECE Regulation 90 (R90) compliant and you should see that stamped on the packaging, which must be sealed.
I've been using Juratek pads recently. http://tinyurl.com/l7eusy5
They are competively priced as most less famous brands are and I've had no problems whatsoever.

Pagid is an OEM supplier so I'd use them by preference, though if I was putting pads in a car I intended to drive fast I'd be using Greenstuff or Ferodo/Mintex pads.

I avoided Eicher but did not have the recommendation for Pagid in time!

So I have ordered Comline based mainly on price!

Thanks

Tony

Back