which drill

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have an old bosch 18v cordless drill that seems to drain battery in no time and have no grunt, i am doing up my flat and need to screw up plaster board, build partitions and raise floor, i have had builders helping who have lithium drivers and drills that seem to drive screws in with ease time after time. i will not be doing this on a regular basis and wondered if there is a drill with grunt that can drive in the screws without paying 300 quid for the driver and drill from makita or panasonic??
cheers jon

Sponsored Links
Is your old drill compatible with the current Bosch range? You could buy another the same, discard the old batteries and keep the old drill body as a spare.

It sounds as if you could do with having an impact driver in addition. I find having a dedicated cordless screwdriver makes a lot of sense in saving time; I'm very pleased with my Bosch GDR 12v impact driver: compact, and powerful.

i have an old bosch 18v cordless drill that seems to drain battery in no time and have no grunt, i am doing up my flat and need to screw up plaster board, build partitions and raise floor, i have had builders helping who have lithium drivers and drills that seem to drive screws in with ease time after time. i will not be doing this on a regular basis and wondered if there is a drill with grunt that can drive in the screws without paying 300 quid for the driver and drill from makita or panasonic??
cheers jon

old batteries loose the ability hold charge
some batteries will be worse than others so you may have 20v to start
but as the 15 batteries discharge at different rates the voltage will soon drop to around half

whatever drill you get if it has nicads just try and use it /run down the batteries 95% every 2 or 3 weeks to help keep the batteries in good condition

may i suggest you look at the ryobi one plus range as a diy light trade option

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back