Which Gas Cooker?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to buy a new gas cooker - does anyone have any advice as to make, model etc? I'm currently looking at the Cannon Chester as I fancy a slot-in double oven type of thing. Two things concern me - I've just had to send back a new Flavel cooker as the oven was faulty but I also noticed that it gave off a huge amount of heat when in use, was very noisy and worst of all, the hob burners on their lowest setting weren't low enough for a gentle simmer!
Is this common on all new cookers? My original old one, also a Flavel would simmer on a really low flame and wasn't noisy at all, and as I do a lot of cooking this is important to me.
Unfortunately space dictates what I can and can't have so the size of the Cannon Chester is perfect - otherwise I'd be treating myselt to a lovely range cooker!
Any advice/ideas appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Ive got one, works a treat. did have a problem with the oven though, and spares are rather pricey, same as trying to find someone to fix it! In the end i took out their 12 months guarantee, which included fixing it for free this time. So for 150 quid i saved having to buy a new oven!

The hobs are a little bit close together if your using a wok and a large saucepan its a bit tight to get anythign else on.

Grills a bit small too, but can fit a couple of slices of cheese on toast in there perfectly.

Its all easy to clean too

Cannon do make good cookers and have been in the business for a long time.
The Chester is ok, but have you considered the Westminster?. The grill is at high level,so it is easier to use, the oven consequently is higher, and easier to use.
It also has self clean oven linings, and storage drawer at the bottom.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back