Which Gas fire to choose?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hope this is the right place to post - Gas fitters I think have their own 'secret squirrel' forum hidden away from us mere mortals :D

I am looking to get a gas fire similar in style to this - but cheaper :LOL: Which will replace the existing old gas fire on chimney breast
volante-limestone.jpg

As the house has GFCH already the fireplace is more for effect than heat output (suspect 1-1.5kw more than adequate). With this in mind I was considering if flueless with catalytic converter offered any advantages over the more normal type.

It has been suggested that flueless catalytic more efficient by one person while another states that they can be more trouble than conventional.

So, opinions advice sought here

Sponsored Links
you won`t get many rgi`s advising on a plasma fire

even less would want to install (myself included)

Thanks, point taken, not a particularly good idea then - so I will avoid like the plague.

Any recommendations on manufacturer model for a low output decorative unit similar in style to the one shown in pic?

Sponsored Links
Was going to say Gazco, but then reailsed you want cheap, so dont know.

We dont fit carp.

flueless gas fires are deathtraps. If you have an existing chimney breast get a woodburning stove fitted would be my advice.

And Gazco is good.... mmm :rolleyes:
Better way to describe is little bit less sh~te than whats about but twice to 3 times the price so must be really good.... not

focal point the throw away fire, lucky to get a year out of them .

i was asked to be their local agent err their guy is alistair if my mem serves

when i stopped laughing i declined

firm i used to sub for sold them and i fitted them and had to handle the hassle :evil:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back