Which Lintel ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can someone offer advice

I need to span two columns with a lintel that will support 3 rows of bricks ( or lightweight blocks

There is no need to support anything on top as there is a concrete lintel in the second skin of the wall - it's simply to finish off the square arch I'm creating.

The span is approx 2.5 metres wide

Any suggestions ?

I could just box off and plasterboard ?

Sponsored Links
If this is just an attempt to box out without requiring any structural support or being any part of an external wall, why not pop a joist in with some studding above and plasterboard the lot.

Would a Catnic CNZ96C ( L shape lintel ) also suit the job if I only put lightweight concrete blocks above ?

Sponsored Links
Would a Catnic CNZ96C ( L shape lintel ) also suit the job if I only put lightweight concrete blocks above ?

Quite probably, but why throw all that money away and introduce messy blockwork etc. You would still have the lintel underside to plaster as well.

It seems there must be more to this than you indicated.

No your probably right

The existing lintel on the inside skin of the wall is concrete, i guess just box it out and plasterboard prior to skimming is the way forward...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back