which speech dialer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there me again. I am looking to install a speech and text dialler to my trusty old scantronic 9600. I am stuck for choice of which dialler to choose. I quite like the texecom dialler but I am unsure if this has a non volatile memory it does not say. my other option is the menvier sd2.

I have taken a current reading for my system in quicent and alarm mode. The quicent current is 260ma and the alarm current is 910ma. according to the specs for the menvier sd2 the standby current is 35ma and the active current is 170ma. ( I would prefer the texecom dialler as it draws less and looks nicer).

any help would be great thanks :)

Sponsored Links
I guess the current draw from each dialler will be less in reality. will my 9600 just be able to source this extra current?. I do not wish to install a power supply (messy) I think the manual said the panel can support around 1250ma ish maximum depending on the temperature but I could be wrong. cheers

thanks man :) texecom it is. just one more thing will this old girl support this extra current?. i'm guessing it can but what do you think?.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back