Which system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have currently bought a four bedroom house which does not have a central heating system. At present it just has a electric merchant heater in for the hot water. It has just one bathroom and I possibly may want to put a radiator in the loft in the future. Could anyone give me some advice on a good system to get installed into the property.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Simple. As the most important factor is the quality of the installer, ask as many friends, neighbours, colleagues, relatives and whoever else you trust for a recommendation of a chap they have used repeatedly.
Put your trust in him, and forget about all the rest.

What you need to consider (among many things) is what you may do to the property in the future and your future hot water usage.One bathroom may become two and therefore a combi would be unsuitable if there is a demand from two or more points.Size of family is a consideration when designing a system.All things considered a sealed system with a system or standard boiler together with an unvented cylinder would be a starting point.Good incoming water supply is vital.
The heating side is IMO best with panel rads.You will need to plan pipe runs to make pipework as neat as possible.
Get at least 3 quotes and don't go cheapest.
There will be an avalanche of advice coming your way and many will have a different idea,but without seeing your house it's difficult to be precise.
Insulation is as important as a good system.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back