Whirlpool ADG-7540 Heating Problem??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi :)

We've got a Whirlpool ADG-7540 & we've had it from new, but just lately it doesn't seem to be washing properly.

I have cleaned out sparyers & all filters. But still leaving dishes wet at end of cycle & the dishes still feel greasy/dirty.

I have bought one of those Finish dishwasher cleaner thinking it might need cleaning so popped that in this morning , on a 70 degree wash (says to put it on 65 degree's min) & just checked it & it hasn't even melted the plastic stopper & cleaner bottle is still full of cleaning stuff!?!?!? :confused:

Anyone got any suggestions to what might be wrong with it? Poss Heating Element? If heating element are these easy to change as a DIY?

Thanks in advance,

Ruth ;)

Sponsored Links
Unlikely to be the heating element unless it's throwing up an error code that you haven't mentioned. (Error code indicated by the start light flashing - count the flashes - and machine reverting to the rinse cycle).

Possibly a faulty NTC (temperature sensor) or pcb.

Thanks for reply sleepyhead, no there are no error codes or beeps, washes as if it's normal but not giving off any heat, I used to get a facial if I opened it near the end of cycle.

It completes cycle as normal but just with no heat.

Do you still think it may be what you said?

Thanks Ruth

Unlikely to be the heating element unless it's throwing up an error code that you haven't mentioned. (Error code indicated by the start light flashing - count the flashes - and machine reverting to the rinse cycle).

Also is this something we can sort ourselves or do we need to call out 'The Nice Dear whirlpool Man'??

Sponsored Links

Sorry to keep pestering you sleepyhead but what does NTC & PCB actually stand for?

Job for Whirlpool I think.
NTC is the temperature sensor.
PCB is a printed circuit board.

Hello again :oops:

I tried pouring a couple of kettles of boiling water down it this morning & put it on to run the cycle & left for work, came home to the continuous beeping noise & constant flashing. :confused:

So haven't got a clue what to do now??

Constant flashing is an error code. Make sure it is constant. Count the flashes between pauses. If it's a single flash (constant) then it's indicating a fault with the NTC.

Constant flashing is an error code. Make sure it is constant. Count the flashes between pauses. If it's a single flash (constant) then it's indicating a fault with the NTC.

I've just looked & it's constant flashes (no pauses) I counted upto 50 & there was no pauses, just flash off flash off flash off etc etc etc, I've found an NTC to fit our model -

http://shop.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=25_854_875&products_id=476

Is it easy to replace ourselves do you know at all?

It's a twist fit from the underside. Sharp edges on your machine, so take care.
Remove the inspection panel below the door and you'll see the ntc and it's two thin blue wires.
I will say, the error codes are a guide only, there is the slim chance of the machine misreporting an error. The only way to tell, is to replace the part and see what happens.

It's a twist fit from the underside. Sharp edges on your machine, so take care.
Remove the inspection panel below the door and you'll see the ntc and it's two thin blue wires.
I will say, the error codes are a guide only, there is the slim chance of the machine misreporting an error. The only way to tell, is to replace the part and see what happens.

Ok, many thanks for your help with this sleepyhead, new part now ordered so we'll see!!

Thanks again, Ruth

Hi, my dishwasher ADG7540 is also beeping continiously and flashing. However, it will stop after a few minutes of first cycle. The only cycle that will be completed without problems is the rinse programme. All others are causing the same fault. I counted the flashes - it is flashing 3 times between every pause. Is it the heating element, or something else.

Thanks for your help.

Have the same no heating problem ... runs thru all the program with no heat cycle.
Where is this NTC located and what does it look like?
Do I need to turn machine upside down to gain access to change the NTC?

Thanks for your help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back