Whirlpool ADP 4504 flashing Start light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The green light on the Start button on our Whirlpool ADP 4504 dishwasher has started to flash continuously. I can persuade the machine to start a programme by holding down said Start button for a couple of seconds and then releasing it. However, after a brief half-hearted attempt to pump out it stops. The light continues to flash throughout all of this.

Anyone any ideas?

TIA

Sponsored Links
How old is it?
Is there a pattern to the flashing light? Count the flashes between pauses, it's an error code.

Three years or so. No pattern to the flashing, just continuous.

NTC failure if it's continuous flashing.
Accessible from underside by removing front inspection panel below door. It's a twist fit probe that fits into the sump.
You could try pouring a kettle of boiling water into the sump and trying the machine again.

Sponsored Links
Accessible from underside by removing front inspection panel below door. It's a twist fit probe that fits into the sump.
You could try pouring a kettle of boiling water into the sump and trying the machine again.
Hi,

Our machine has just started developing the pulsing. Continuous flashing suggests it's a NTC problem.

My questions are :-

1) If it is the NTC, where can I get another?

(To answer my own question - UK Whitegoods (www.ukwhitegoods.co.uk). £36. They delivered by the next day, so good service). Now just got to see if it stays fixed.)

2) It'd be useful to have a Service Manual. Any idea where I can get / download one for the Whirlpool ADP4504?

Many thanks in advance for your help, guys!

Hi,

Our machine has just started developing the pulsing. Continuous flashing suggests it's a NTC problem.

My questions are :-

1) ...... . Now just got to see if it stays fixed.

Darned! Ran through a couple of cycles OK. Went to use it for real and half way through it started the pulsing again!

Any more ideas?

OK,

More investigations.... As constant flashing can be a number of reasons (and I've already replaced the NTC!) I suspected a problem with the main water inlet valve - maybe not closing properly, particularly as we are in a very hard water area.

I've given it a good bashing (with all machines, if they refuse to work give them a beating until they cry 'Uncle'! :D )and at the moment it has gone through about 5 cycles! :D

Will now leave it for a day and try it again to see if it now works consistently....

Well, the dishwasher has now been running fine for a while - so my suggestion if you have the constant flashing error condition is to give the water inlet value a few clouts with a screwdriver body - in case it's the hard water scale that's causing it to not close properly.

It's a very cheap first option! :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back