Whirlpool AWZ410 no hot water!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi im new here not sure if this is where i post for some advise. I have a Whirlpool AWZ410 purchased around 2 years ago. i moved in may and since then it has not worked with hot water. All the clothes come out cold. I have checked the hose's and they seem ok, attached correctly with no kinks!
Also something else that is bugging me is the dryer on the machine does not seem to dry it spins and takes water out but never has actually dried anything is this what a 2-in-1 machine is like?
Any ideas anyone????

Sponsored Links
The clothes are meant to come out cold after a wash. If you think about it, they get washed in the hot water and then rinsed 3 or 4 times in cold water.
As to the drying side, it only dries about half what you can wash.
Overload the dryer and it won't dry properly. If clothes are coming out cold and wet from the dryer then the dryer isn't working and needs looking at.

thanks I think dryer is definatly broken as i only had one sheet in there today and it was on for over an hour and came out the same as it went in.
Think i'll just get a proper tumble dryer!

My clothes used to be warm when you took them out before the move. A hot white wash would always be warm but this is proper cold.

any other ideas?

How long does a boil wash take?
Check the door glass while it's near the end of the wash cycle, not the rinse cycle.
If it doesn't get hot at all then I'd be looking at the thermostat.
Tumble dryer is probably no more than resetting the thermostat on top of the dryer heater. Trips if machine isn't allowed to cool down before stopping the program or if there is insufficient airflow.

Sponsored Links
We seem to be having the same kind of problem, after using programme 4 and setting to dry straight after the machine did the wash then seemed to stop drying after about 20 mins and the sheets were soaking wet.

now i can't get it to just dry it starts then stops after about 10mins. Ive tried putting another programme 4 on including the drying and now it wont take on any water i left it for about 10 mins then took the clothes out and they were hot just no water!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back