Whirlpool Dishwasher ADP 4501/5

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I am experiencing a problem(s) with this machine.

It completes the cycle but at the end of the cycle, the lamp above the start button flashes 3 times.

As suggested in the user leaflet, I have checked and cleaned the filters and restarted the washer. It completes the cycle again but still give 3 flashes on the lamp.

I would appreciate any help in finding out what the 3 flashes mean and in rectifying the problem.

Many thanks

Michael

Sponsored Links
Are you sure it's completing the cycle?
3 flashes is a heat related fault and would normally happen during the wash and the machine should abort the program, empty, the rinse light should then illuminate and the start light flash an error code (in this case 3).
Meter the heater (toc is built into the heater), wiring and check the module for burning and/or dry joints.
Also a possibility of the NTC being faulty.

Hi Sleepyhead and thanks for your reply. Looking at the time of your reply, you must have only just had your shower and dinner!

Yes, it does complete the cycle and now you mention heat, the contents of the washer were cold and had some water left on them.

Can you give me a clue where the heater is please. I've had all (!!) the panels off and the innards look very different to what I expected. Also, with technology and it's terminology leaving me behind, would you tell me what the NTC is please?

Best wishes

Michael

The heater is underneath the cavity, right hand side (from the front) and is a tube.
The NTC is the probe poking through the sump into the bowl of the machine. It's a temperature sensor.
As it's going through the wash and displaying an error at the end is a little puzzling, it's designed to abort the program on error. This may indicate a problem with the pcb.
Sorry, all a little guesswork on remote diagnosis.
As parts are expensive for these machines I'd suggest you test the heater for continuity and if it checks out ok it may be prudent to call in an engineer to diagnose and repair.

Sponsored Links
Hi Sleepyhead.

Many thanks for your guidance and advice. I know what I'll be doing tomorrow and at least I will not be groping blindly around.

I do suspect that I will be following your last piece of advice though.

Again, many thanks for your response and advice.

Best wishes

Michael

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back