Whirlpool door not closing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just installed new Whirlpool integrated dishwasher and after two cycles the door now won\\\'t shut. If you hold it in place the cycle will start otherwise it clicks back out. Anyone got any ideas? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Remove the outer kitchen cabinet door and see if that makes a difference. If it still won't shut, you should be safe to call Whirlpool. If the fault is with your installation rather than the machine they are liable to charge you for the visit.

when fitting any dishwasher it is essential to make sure that the door closes squarely. i.e. that it doesn't pull the cabinet sideways as you close it. admittedly with an integrated machine this problem is less likely but it can happen. rather like that old joke of sawing a leg off a table, the method to cure it is to adjust the feet through trial and error to get it square.
your worst case scenario is if excessive weight has been put on the door in the down position. that causes a minute bend in the hinges and causes the door to pop open. don't laugh but i've seen many times where a small child uses the door to get at the biscuit tin on the bench. if that sounds familiar then make sure you offer the whirlpool guy plenty buscuits to get on his good side.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for all the help. Took off the door last night much to my girlfriends terror... kept pleading with me to stop! But when we took off the integrated door panel it seems to work ok. The panelled door is quite heavy so may be putting undue pressure on the latch. Will also check the base to make sure it is even.

Will give it a few more weeks and if the problem reoccurs will see about calling out the repair man. One other thing there was a connection to the door switch that seemed like it could have loosened so I reattahced it. Sound familiar?

post locked to prevent hi jacking

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back