Whistling Radiators, other water system problems.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I'm new to this home owning thing - my dad used to sort all the problems out - so I apologise if I sound very stupid (And please bear this in mind when answering, I need simple, basic answers! No technical jargon please!)

My boiler is a few years old, been serviced etc recently, no issues there.

I have two issues - Firstly:

I have 4 radiators. The system is much older than the boiler I think. The one in the bathroom is fine, I don't use the on in the bedroom, but the two in the living room whistle once they have heated up. I can stop the whistling by adjusting the temperature things on the side of the individual radiators - I just need to know if this is a serious problem or not?

Secondly:

When the nice mister boiler man came and checked my boiler, he said all the water pressure and everything was a-okay - however the hot tap to my bath is pathetic and doesn't have as much pressure as the two other hot taps (Kitchen sink and bathroom sink). Any suggestions as to what could be causing this? (And how to fix it? as it's really annoying - takes bloody ages to fill the bath....)

Thank you!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back