White Chocolate - Brown Chocolate

J

Johnmelad502

I only caught the tail end of this item on the radio yesterday. Two school boys were calling each other names, (seems they were friends) and they were overheard by a teacher.

Coloured boy called white boy; Milky Way.
White boy called coloured boy; Mars Bar.

White boy had had his school record marked up as using offencive racist language.

Coloured boys record has no such entry.

WTF? :evil:

Sponsored Links
I lauged when I saw the title as its the title of a blue movie I know someone owned.

U got a link to the story?

White boy had had his school record marked up as using offencive racist language.

Yeah - and dogs can't look up, you know.

Any reliable sources for this story (and I don't mean a BNP press release)?
Perhaps the incident occurred earlier this week in the imagination of a Daily Mail staff writer.

Sponsored Links
It was on radio 2 yesterday or day previous, google mre thinks. Yes if a black kid called a white kid milky way it was NOT reported in a racist book. Thats what I listened to anyhoo, Jeremy Vine btw

Yeah - and dogs can't look up, you know.

Any reliable sources for this story (and I don't mean a BNP press release)?
Perhaps the incident occurred earlier this week in the imagination of a Daily Mail staff writer.

Jeremy Vine show BBC radio 2.

yep i heard this aswell,and the so called expert was asked ok if this is classed (under the same terms as bullying)then calling a ginger hair kiddy a 'ginger nut' would the offending culprit have a mark against them on there school record..........er no.was the reply.

think this is totally over the top,especially as the 2 boys were freinds.then either reprimarned both or none.

For those interested, the recording is here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/b00nh5df

It's a teacher who rang in to add to the discussion regarding Racism in schools. To be fair, the teacher argued that the 'Milky Way' remark should also be reported but the Head Teacher said no!

The part of the discussion in question here is at 0:30:40 on the time line.

A few people I've spoken to today heard this. It seems to be gaining some momentum in terms of a backlash against 'one way' race discrimination.

Personally I don't think it is Racially motivated. As has been said, kids will pick on each other for all manner of reasons, the brand of your clothes, the colour of your hair/skin, too fat/too thin, your dad's/mam's old/new car! etc, etc. But if it's going to be recorded surely it has to be on both parts?

Sponsored Links
Back