Who Einstein was ?

Oh well, yes sometimes ideas are born without any need for a necessity, other times necessity make you look at things and how one can adapt or modify existing things to do much more.

If I were to write what I had achieved, it would look I am boastful, and has some kind of egocentric attitude, I am just an average bloke, and secondly it would look like i am writing my biography, so I must rather stay small and unknown, I firmly believe in God, and I thank him for giving me certain abilities, I don't blame him for what he hasn't given me, you only need to look at how the rest of the world has millions of poor hungry faces, many don't even have a country right now, and are refugees struggling to find a decent place to live and work whilst some humans are bent on destruction of their land.

So yes I believe in a God, and I know he exists, I have enough evidence of that to satisfy my own mind, because what I see all around me is the proof of his creation, it is like how do you work out who committed a murder, when you stumble across a dead body of a victim, you check for all evidence, this includes mainly the object used to commit the murder, you don't see the Murderer committing the crime, because he is long gone, but you pick up all the tell tale signs of a murder and that can lead you to a murderer, like the blood samples, DNA weapon used, the suspect list, and eventually you go and corner the murderer, if he is still about, if he hasn't already fled the country, or killed himself, and is still in his physical form, you go an arrest him and charge him, but for God he has left so much evidence lying around, but we cannot get to him because he is not physical! He is not like a person whom you could see with your eyes, but you can see all his works everywhere in the universe.

So yes, I am not sure how certain people are clever in certain things whilst others are clever in different things, no two people are the same, but when you share your knowledge with others, you can achieve a lot more, that is why team work pays as different inventors share their design ideas with one another, did it not take some 1000 scientist to collaborate to investigate and test for gravitational waves recently.

same way I can rip anything out and find out how it works and why it works and what would happen if certain things were changed and or altered. That is how I learned about everything in my life, I did not go to college to learn.

and yes some people are naturally gifted more, and we often envy them. this is our natural reaction to someone being over the top, but we have grown up now and we should leave that behind in our primary school. I have always shared my knowledge and experience with anyone willing to learn from me, and I am still learning new things and I love to expand my knowledge more with those who have higher abilities than myself..

The only thing I despise in life is people who take advantage of others.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
If someone throws a cricket ball at your head, you will react and you react extremely quickly, in a split second. This does not come from "thought" (words in the head). "thought" is quite slow.
For instance if you scratch your face with your hand, the amount of co-ordinated muscle movement (along with the associated changes in metabolism and physiology that is required for your muscles) is quite extraordinary. A huge amount has to happen in other words.
And once again your "thought" is not doing it.
In fact your breathing and heartbeat, your immune system, "you" (meaning the thinking in your head) is not doing it.
So ... in golf a huge amount of things has to happen to play a good shot. Your breathing, physiology, millions of things have to be lined up, and then you hit a sweet shot.
You could say a human being is an iceberg, most of it hidden ... but functioning all the time. For instance your immune system that protects you every second of the day. Most people never thank it.
Likewise your breathing, you take it for granted and sit in your head having "ideas".
Frankly most people know little about themselves, they treat the body like a carriage that they ride around in from their head.
Humans have many parts. The talking mind (sometimes it talks on its own, sometimes it talks cr*p, sometimes it talks actively, sometimes it daydreams). There is the intelligence of the body as discussed, that it very very very fast and powerful. That is actually the true power within us. Golfers know that it is sometimes better simply to get out of the way and swing, that intelligence does not need your help - it just needs you to stop interfering.
Anyway there are many things in side a human, and the job of our lives is to get it all to work together.
There is a famous story of Francis Crick (hope I got that name right). He was studying DNA at Cambridge trying to find out the structure of it. One night he had a dream, of 2 intertwined snakes. When he woke up he realised that the structure was of a double intertwined helix.
It was not a product of systematic analysis, the information arrived in his head.

Are you agreeing with me then on some level, or not?

I get lots of ideas and I can't always put them into practice, as some things are beyond my ability, but that does not mean I cannot come up with ideas for others to develop. I am totally against some of the ideas used for profiting out of misery of others, like taking advantage of misery of underprivileged people, I do not believe in immoral profit making out of misery of others.

My idea would certainly help the disadvantaged people who find it hard to hear or are deaf, they would benefit from it, but sadly I do not have the access to software engineers who might turn my idea into reality, one such idea arose out of necessity, my wife for instance is hard of hearing, almost being deaf, I have to practically shout on top of my voice to draw her attention and I cannot hold normal conversation with her, because she either doesn't hear me well enough, she relies on lip reading, so if she was not watching me, she is lost, and she ends up assuming what I am saying, not what I am actually saying, so she would reply completely unrelated to my question or my conversation topic.

I now find it very frustrating and having to repeat 3 times, each time more louder than before, I have now since a long time stopped talking to her and she feels disconnected from me and I feel the same way that i cannot have a decent conversation with her.

So it then struck me, it is not a new idea or I cannot claim it to be my invention, since the speech recognition has existed long before even google started to use on their voice search system, I bought a lap top back in 1994, it was one of the early lap tops, and came with a software called (forgot the name now) which enabled you to dictate any spoken words into typed words, the system was based on learning your voice. Though I never had the need to use that software.

So lately on google one can voice type, or speak and words are automatically interpreted to text , I found this feature quite good and reliable, 9 out 10 times it successfully understands spoken words and sentences.

So if one was to adapt this existing invention (speech to text) one can make an App for the hard of hearing community, where a software running through your smart phone can hear people and convert their spoken words into text for the deaf and hard of hearing people for normal conversation, so imagine a completely deaf person who could suddenly start hearing through their eyes (pardon my punt) so as the conversation progresses, the speech processor recognises the spoken words and language, and the contents and context of the conversation, and starts typing on an LCD screen of your smart phone or a tablet that has a microphone, a deaf person can carry this gadget wherever he or she needs, so one hard of hearing can communicate with people without the use of sign language or lip reading. Sign language will be history.

The software could also interpret emergency signals heard, like car horns and flash warning symbols on an LCD screen as well as using a viberator to alert a deaf person, as a new warning flashes on his LCD screen.

I will most probably approach the Deaf Charities and give them the tip and they could further this idea into reality. I do not patent and do not take advantage of the underprivileged society. There is every chance that such a system probably already exists, but I am not aware of any so far which is used for helping the deaf community as far as I am aware.

Last edited:
The brain has conscious processes which we are are aware of, we think using this conscious and sub-conscious which does a lot more but we are not aware of it.

( Conscious not to be confused with a "social conscious" which is how we think about and relate to other people, it determines if we are "nice" people or "not nice"people. Sense of guilt for bad actions is a social conscious )

When first learning to drive it is a conscious action to steer the car along the road. The eyes report too close to the kerb and the conscious says turn a bit to the right. Then after a while the sub-conscious mind takes over that task completely and releases the conscious mind to manage the next task in driving.
This is half of the problem with experienced drivers, as most of the driving a car becomes autonomous and one does not even remember what gear the car is in, your brain automatically works that out through the stretch and position of your arms, you don't consciously think that you are now driving in 3rd gear and now need to change into 4th and so on, and on some occasions you find cruising on motorways at 70 where you often hear the engine revs and they appear to you like the engine is over revving and you need to change yet into next higher gear but on a car you might be driving has no further higher gear.

Other times you are driving and you can't remember any details of that journey, you think your memory is going, that is because your driving is being controlled by some auto function and you need not think you are now passing a chippy shop and now the Green Man pub, your thoughts may be what your wife has cooked at home, and what you would be doing tomorrow at work, all the while your vision system is still alert for any emergency action like child or a dog straying into the road, you automatically slam your brakes, you are always aware of a police car! and other speeding motorist, and idiots driving so close behind like they want to jump in your boot, yes the function of the brain is highly complex and beyond any artificial intelligence, so may be thoughts and ideas do come to one without conscious thinking. but most of the time one is always thinking of how to solve another life problem, such as what I am going to wear for my date and so on.
and sometimes you are even naughty, you think there are no cameras and no police cars so let me make up for some time and you speed up, slowing down when you know a camera will be approaching, I tried to invent anti-camera gadget by way of blinding a camera by returning a much brighter Infra red flash, but that idea never took off or I never tried making it into practice, probably most cameras now have infra red filters.

Other times you know the area you live around very well, you could probably drive with your eyes closed, you need not read any signs, you know which street is no entry, and where you can't go, and where you need to be in the correct lane, but for someone new to the area, we don't make allowances for them and we think what a stupid driver, why is he driving at 10mph when the limit is 30mph!
A new to area driver has to observe and absorb so much information, whilst paying attention to speed, lights, road markings, street names, look up in his mirror, think if he is heading in the right direction, where is the next turn he will be making, and so on.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
So if one was to adapt this existing invention (speech to text) one can make an App for the hard of hearing community, where a software running through your smart phone can hear people and convert their spoken words into text for the deaf and hard of hearing people for normal conversation,
Mike the only difference between your idea and speech recognition software already available, like the iMessage and the Nuance Dragon products, appears to be the keying in reply approach. This would be a brilliant advantage on a bus or train when you don't want to annoy other passangers or let that listen to your conversation.
I have absolutely no doubt that Nuance and other speech recognition product manufacturers are working along that path and may well be interested in your thoughts.

Oh yes Bolo the software that came with my first lap top was called dragons something, and the lap top cost me back then £2,200.00! I have still got it as a museum piece! you don't throw away something that cost you over 2 grand! it had a 2Gb HD, by today's standard you would burst laughing at it, oh and it looks pretty ugly too and very bulky.ran on Windows 95. (I think the make was Notino something manufactured locally in East London by a local company based in Barking Essex. In those days we still manufactured many goods.

As for innovations, usually what happens with me is that any ideas that i think of and I am genuinely not aware of, it usually turns out that those ideas are already out there and someone has beaten me to it, often by years.

in 1992. someone I knew started to get anonymous calls, at that time even mobile phones were very rare very expensive and not easily affordable, only a few well to do people owned any, most people had land line phones, so at the time there were no competition and BT was the sole player in landline phones with perhaphs a few calling cards to call foreign countries a bit cheaper than BT charges.

At the time, caller display was not an available feature on landline phones, but you could ask BT to provide you with a line pulse where you could monitor your call charges for all the calls you made, as call billing was not available back then. I subscribed to that line pulse and bought a little machine that printed out all the calls I made and duration, and if one programmed call charges it would work out the cost of that call. (I think this was a gadget intended for Hotels and guest house operators to bill their guests when they made calls using landline phones from their rooms.

One would need to request BT specially for a so called line pulse, that was used to register line pulses for billing.

Any way back to my anonymous calls blocker, I came up with an idea, where all your mates, and relatives would have to enter a pin number cthat you provided them with as an extra 4 digits after the normal phone number, so when they when they called you, they would be greeted by a voice message prompting yuou to enter the 4 digit pin number only then their call would get through, and the telephone would have assigned different tones for friends and different for your boss, and different tone from your immediate relatives, the idea was that you could programme which group of callers are allowed to call you up to a certain time, like for example you didn't want your mates to call you after 8pm, but you still wanted any immediate relative like your daughter to call you even if it was middle of the night, or someone who was sick in a hospital, you would not want that hospital call to be blocked by time, and if you were on top of a ladder painting, you would know if that ring tone is from an important number like from your boss and if it would be your worth coming down to take that call, this would block any telesales calls, block calls from most people who don't know you, and not a chance for any anonymous callers, the idea was born out of someone I knew was getting lots of anonymous calls in the middle of the night. But sadly I got very busy with my work, and I was never any good at software engineering to build this myself, and didn't have the know how, so I tried to sell the idea to Sir Alan Sugar, that time he was not knighted, so he was just Mr Sugar, who ran Amstrad and I was aware that he manufactured HI Fi and Videos and answer phones etc, so he was my choice to negotiate a deal with, but when I rang Amstrad then based Brentwood in Essex, originally I bought Amstrad Integra 4000 audio stereo Amplifier from him back in 1975 then based in Hackney in East London!

How disappointing it was when I called Amstrad to speak to Sir Alan Sugar, the receptionist asked me who I was, if Alan knew me, and I said no but I would like to speak to him regarding an idea that he might be interested in, the receptionist replied sorry but Mr sugar doers not speak with members of the public, since then I lost my respect for that Mr Alan Sugar. I don't know how he got knighted when he was too big to speak to members of the public!

The idea never took off from my point, but now I know similar call screeners exists or such features are now built in by many phone service providers.

Last edited:
Another idea I came up with that i never took seriously enough, again it arose out of necessity and in view of safety of life it would be a good idea to market and make money out of it.

A simple device but needs to be wired into a vehicle, so it cannot be defeated, you start driving on a long journey, you start feeling tired and sleepy, and you know the risk of nodding away, you could crash and kill yourself or others, so this gadget would need to be tripped by you, so when you feel tired, you would want to trip it for the sake of safety of your own life and your passengers lives, and those of others on the road, the gadget would have a very loud startling sirent, so once you tripped it, it would randomly emit a buzzer tone, that you must hit the button again within say about 2 to 3 seconds, failing which would trigger a powerful startling siren progressively getting louder and louder and your car's horn can also be wired to it if needed, the idea is it would startle you and you would get a sudden jolt, and alarmed and awake up, and the only way to stop this would be to hit the button again and this would allow you to a few more seconds to pull over on a hard shoulder and switch your ignition off and get out of your car and hit fresh air, and take a little walk if it is safe to do so, this should freshen you up until you can take a longer rest at services. The unit would not reset unless the ignition switch is off for at least 10 minutes, so even if you drove off after a short pull over, the unit is still tripped and would randomly keep buzzing and you would have to lean over a little to press the button or else the louder siren would trip in.

Remember Motorway journeys are most boring and mundane, and one can fall asleep easily whilst driving, have you not noticed (that is if you are one of those drivers who do feel tired after a long motorway drive) that once you come out of a motorway, you start to slow down, change gears, press on brakes at lights, this awakens you up fully, hence the idea of hitting the button placed on the centre location of your dashboard is such that you have to physically move your body a little to strike the button. (sorry no steering wheel buttons allowed) Alternatively you can slap your face if you prefer that, I usually open my sun roof and draw cool fresh air inside and that freshens me up for about 10 minutes!

But there are implications in this, the drivers might consider this as more of a nuisance than a safety gadget, and Police would also become aware of those drivers who perhaps should not be behind a wheel when tired, but then again the Police are quite wrong, if they don't allow drivers to pull over when they suddenly feel tired, what is more important preventing accidents and saving life by pulling over hard shoulder or continue to drive whilst one may be danger to himself and others, hard shoulder is for an emergency, if you ever pull up on HS, the police could charge you for unfit to drive so my gadget would keep you alert as once it is tripped you will be forced to keep moving and given 2 to 3 seconds to strike the button every say 10 - 15 seconds randomly

Last edited:
Mike, lots of people have ideas that are life changing. Like the person who suggested to the post office that instead of printing millions of new stamps with the new prices after a price increase, why not simply print stamps with '1st class' and '2nd class' on them and eliminate the need for reprinting. Saved the PO £millions!
I once had an idea which I submitted to a manufacturer, who replied that although they might not adopt that idea, they didn't want competitors to adopt it either, so made me an offer which I accepted. Result? My very first new car- a Datsun Sunny. Later the same firm contacted me for my thoughts on an idea submitted by someone else. Totally out of my ken, I passed them on to one of my friends who had a good knowledge of the subject of the idea, and he too then gained financially. So come on guys, if you get a idea and you have faith in it, then do what I did try to sell it on. You never know. You might be sitting on a fortune and before anyone else says it, I don't mean the invention of a new toilet seat!:mrgreen::mrgreen:

Edit: not that it really matters but the firm that asked for my thoughts on a new idea, were in fact, a firm that introduced a product I had suggested and not the one which paid me enough to buy the Datson. BTW, the wings of that Datsun were rusted through in less than a year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good Lord Bolo! well done and that Datsun Sunny! I remember my neighbour had one, and I also drove a Datsun 1600SSS which was a beautiful car and accelerated real good. I have not made much out of my own ideas but have made lots from developing rival products, since copyrights or patents only exists on new inventions, but nothing stops you from making for example a new style toilet seat, if that is what is going to make you money, right now i am building a product that I designed 31 years ago and is going to the states of America! NY. but no one has come up with equal product to mine for the price I am selling. and 30+ years for a product that is still in demand speaks for itself. The only snag is I am now finding some of the parts like memory chip are extremely hard to get hold of, things have moved on, I am still using CMOS based technology using hard wired logic rather than microprocessor and software driven products, I do not have any faith in software driven products as they are many times more vulnerable to freeze, you know how often you hear sorry our computers are down! and how many times you have to force shut down your computers when it gets a bug. Hard wired logic is plug and go, no time to boot up, and reliability much much better. Any software product has to rely on hard ware as well any way.

Quite interesting that article Bolo, and indeed only those planes made it back that had bullet holes in areas which didn't need protecting, since those planes made it back any way, and the areas that needed protecting those planes never made it back, equally you can't put tons of armour on flying machines!

So from this article the conclusion is don't just consider part of a problem, or data, one needs to look at the entire thing.

My Ex Boss was very innovative, he would come up with ideas that were out of his head alone, i.e they were not based on necessity, one idea he had was called Firefly, it was a small transparent rubber ball, that had a 9v PP3 alkaline battery and several LEDs, in those days we were limited to just 3 colours, Red, Green and Yellow, and may be a fourth colour that was slightly orangey colour, there were no Blue or White Leds

I remember having to design a little circuit board to house 8 LEDs, 4 facing upwards of equator line of the ball, and 4 facing down, and in the middle a cut out to allow a 9v battery and a little time delay circuit switch using a single transistor and a capacitor and N/O contacts , so when you threw the ball against a hard surface, the contacts would bounce closing the circuit and discharging a timing capacitor that would then start charging slowly over a period of like a minute and the LEDs would go off, if the ball was kept in play, bouncing off and on, the LEDs would remain lit throughout, once the ball is allowed to rest, the LEds would switch off and battery power conserved. I remember how he took that idea to Hong kong to be manufactured back in 1990, but no one in HK could come up with a transparent mould that would house the circuit and batts. Back in Britain I made several prototypes using clear resin for the purpose of showing the concept, sadly he invested a good few thousand pounds and it never took off. But today one can find something similar from a novelty stores that is exactly what he wanted to produce, these little rubber balls no longer need a 9v PP3 battery as LED technology has vastly improved and you get very high efficiency LED, that do not require a big power source, and a few small button cells and a couple of hi brightness LEDs is all you need to glow this translucent rubber ball.

My ex Boss was the first ever person to have come up with LED signs, he created what you now see all over smaller shops OPEN signs, and he created Fish & Chips sign with the word OPEN, all back then in the 90s, labour and material cost was high so he never sold more than a few tens, but if you look today how nearly every chicken shop, mobile phone shop and corner stores has one in their windows, which you can now buy for under £25 a comple animated LED sign. We cannot produce such a sign here in UK for under £100.00, I tried to come up with a best way to manufacture here in UK for as little as pos, but even then we ended up having to buy thousands of LEDs from China and tried to reduce material cost of the frame by having the PVB coloured black rather than using an aluminium face plate,still our cost was £40.00 with a bit of electronic circuit that animated O P E N and so on.

My Boss was the first again with the First ever Fibre Optic Tree, we would buy plastic 6' tall trees, and he made a special bucket for the base to house a colour wheel and a 50watt halogen 12 watt light and slow spinning colour wheel and a bundle of fibers that were 2 meter long and 400 fibers each about 1mm diameter, we had to wire these fibers over every branch and the tree looked fabulous, no one on this earth had seen anything like it before, but the cost was so high, at £400.00 for each tree only very few prominent people were able to place orders for these trees. Now you look you can get them for under £60 ready wired fiber optic lit tree. My boss was genius, he once had his own private plane, and had Astom Martins, and he was a romeo, blew all his money on eating out well and on women! if anything he would be the man with no regrets, he did it his way! I really enjoyed working for him.

Sponsored Links
Back