Who Makes The Best Reasonably Priced Dishwashers?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am getting a kitchen fitted and at the moment I am just going along with the suppliers intergrated Diplomat dishwasher for about £300. However I know dishwashers can be extremley troublesome just like washing machines :rolleyes: I know 2 people that have had Zanussi's fail within 2 years and need replaced (due to repair costs), I was wondering has anybody any idea what is a good reasonably priced brand or is it just pot luck?

Thanks
David

Sponsored Links
Bosch make very good d/wrs. Their cheaper models are well made but usually have fewer programs, buttons and flashing light. AEG are also good. Miele are the best but are aimed at the high-price buyer.

(of my 12 programs, i only ever use 2. the only thing that's ever gone wrong with mine is the complex LCD display)

If it's worth you spending some time, go the the library and read the latest "Which?" report* (March 2006), or borrow it from a friend.

I wouldn't have a cheap brand, and the kitchen fitting co may have a special deal on some cheap make you've never seen in a shop.

*Best buy at your price: free-standing Bosch SGS55C02 Classixx at £300 ish or AEG Favorit 40660 £299 at John Lewis
Top-scoring built in at any price: Miele G 1270 SCVi £850
Best low-price built-in: Electrolux ESL 6115 about £365

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back